Windshield Long Crack Repair
up to 18 inches
TEL: 718-533-6142 Contact Form TEXT 917-767-1983
Windshield chip that turns in to a crack can be repaired up to 18 inches without windshield replacement.
Before a long crack can be repaired
1. Identify if there is an impact point ( cracks with no impact point is called a stress crack and must not be repaired )
2. The crack is free of water and contamination
3. The crack is not in the acute area of the windshield ( an acute area is slightly above the steering wheel )
4. The professional must find it safe to repair the windshield
Why repair a long crack
1. Prevent a windshield replacement ( keep your original equipment )
2. Save money
3. Prevent the crack from growing further
4. Save your insurance deductible
5. Prevent water leaks ( keep your original factory seal )
You the customer must understand that a crack repair will always be visible at certain angles and lighting conditions even after being successfully filled and cured.
Because of the internal stress of a long crack , the success rate is 25% lower than an average chip repair ( All small chips and cracks must be repaired asap.
How to fix a long crack
1. A hole is drilled at the tip of the crack to create an anchor
2. The crack is then pressurized and filled with long crack repair middle and end resin to seal and prevent further cracking
3. The crack is then cured with a UV light to harden the resin
PHONE 718-533-6142 CONTACT FORM
2017 Clarke's Spotless Windshield Crack Repair East Elmhurst Queens New York All rights reserved.
We service all the following cities and counties
East Elmhurst, Flushing, Astoria, Corona, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Bayside, Long Island City, Forest Hills, Whitestone, Sunnyside, Ridgewood, Ditmars, College Point, Douglaston, Floral Park, Fresh Meadows, Oakland Gardens, Queens, New York, Long Island
People like us on